To: Philip Jansen, UK Parliament
Keep BT desk based sites open in London and the South East
The Communication Workers Union has launched the #CountMeIn campaign with the London and South East Region's campaigning to keep sites open and save decent high paying jobs.
We need to BT keep sites open in London and the South East for non-management grades!
Please sign and share as far and wide as you can, for every BT member who is at risk we need 22 members of the public to sign!
Why is this important?
BT has decided as a part of the better work place program to close desk based sites in London and the south east of England and move this work further north and abroad. This will mean as over 4000 high paying jobs and livelihoods will be lost and gravely damage local economies.
Every member has their own reasons for needing sites to stay open.
Here are just a few of them;
- I'm signing to save my job in the south east
- We are going through a Pandemic and people are already suffering financially and psychologicaly, it will be unethical to force people out now. The desk based jobs are essential to delivery of services I wish the decision makers could see the impact their hasty decisions will have on individuals on the receiving end.
- I am being driven out of my job because of openreach wanting to move their base of operations to strategic sites with no consideration for the destruction and hardship it will cause. Dejected and heartbroken knowing the company I have been so proud to work for thinks so little of my contribution. Sad beyond words!
- I want my friend to be able to keep her job! She has given over 25 years to openreach. She deserves to keep her job that she loves!
- I am signing because i worked for BT in Brighton office for 15 years and to move it all north is a nonsense as lots of sites in the southeast have been sites of exilence many times
- It is ridiculous that BT are closing these key buildings in our capital city where so many long serving employees are based. Another example of a Senior Management Initiative which takes no account of the impact on it's loyal workforce!
- The skill, experience and commitment of desk based planners outweigh the short term Financial gain that Senior management desire
Jobs at risk:
BT TOWER 502
ILFORD MILL HOUSE 197
SEVENOAKS WS 372
BRIGHTON WITHDEAN 266
CANTERBURY BECKETT HOUSE 247
AMBASSADOR HOUSE 99
Portsmouth Central 70
Worthing Swandean 40
staff numbers estimated at the time of publication