5,000 signatures reached
To: Devon and Somerset Fire Authority
Don't cut fire services in Devon and Somerset
Scrap plans to cut fire services in Devon and Somerset.
These proposals are an attack on the emergency front line service in Devon and Somerset that will put both the public and firefighter lives at risk.
Why is this important?
Devon and Somerset Fire Authority are currently consulting on the biggest cut proposals in living memory.
These cuts propose to:
• Close 8 fire stations in Appledore, Ashburton, Budleigh Salterton, Colyton, Kingston, Porlock, Topsham, and Woolacombe
• Cut night cover at fire stations in Barnstaple, Exmouth, and Paignton
• Cut the second fire engine at Crediton, Lynton, Martock, Totnes fire stations
• Cut the third fire engine from Bridgwater, Taunton, Torquay, Yeovil fire stations
• Cut the day cover for the 2nd fire engine at 14 stations in Brixham, Chard, Dartmouth, Frome, Honiton, Ilfracombe, Okehampton, Sidmouth, Tavistock, Teignmouth, Tiverton, Wells, Wellington, and Williton.
Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service (DSFRS) senior management are proposing to introduce 6 roving day crewed engines for targeted response, alongside prevention work which they believe will make communities and visitors to Devon and Somerset safer. How can DSFRS management expect the public to respond to a concept which contains not detail? This is an outrage and total mismanagement by DSFRS.
To stop these disastrous cuts, please respond to the consultation and tell DSFRS that we will not accept any deterioration of fire cover in Devon and Somerset. https://www.dsfire.gov.uk/SaferTogether/ServiceDeliveryConsultation/TakePartInTheConsultation.cfm
We are not prepared to compromise on public and firefighter safety and call on Devon and Somerset Fire Authority to reject these dangerous proposals.
Devon and Somerset residents, visitors and firefighters deserve better.